On Georgetown is launching a 24 hour City Challenge among 8 of its biggest regional markets (Boston, NYC, Philly, DC, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, LA) to drive participation in donations. The winning city will have a $25,000 scholarship named and awarded to a student from that city in 2015.
Highest Alumni Giving Percentage (July 1-April 9)
Most Dollars raised by a particular city
Most Gifts on 4/8-9 from a particular city
What are we asking you to do?
- Visit citychallenge.
georgetown.edu on and make a gift of any size.
- Tell your friends and post to instagram, facebook and twitter
- Join us for cocktails at Lightning Tavern from HERE. to celebrate and meet your fellow Hoyas in SF! Register
- Did you know gifts under $250 funded 25 scholarships last year? Your gift, no matter what the amount, will help a deserving student attend Georgetown!
- Participation rate is a factor in US News and World Report rankings. Last year GU's rate was 31%, several of our peer top 25 schools' giving rates exceed 50%.
- The #1 reason admitted students turn down Georgetown is because they receive a more generous financial aid package from another school.
We need your help and every gift counts!
For reference, here are last year results, SF came in 2nd to last, we can do better Bay Area Hoyas!!!
San Francisco 27.67%