When: Sunday, November 18, 9:00am to 2:00pm (PST)
Where: Marin Headlands
Want to get out and stretch those legs and work off some extra calories before Thanksgiving? Want to see the beautiful headlands with your fellow Hoyas? Join the Georgetown Club of Northern California on a hike on Sunday, November 18th, 2012.
The plan is for an approximately 5 mile loop through the headlands on the famous Bobcat and Miwok trails. The hike itself should last about 2.5 hours of hiking time and we are planning on taking a 1/2 hour picnic lunch break. Below is a general description of the area we will be hiking
A few points
1. This hike, while not exceptionally strenuous, does have a significant amount of ascending and descending, please be prepared and know your limits.
2. The trail is in good condition but be sure to wear appropriate footwear (i.e. sneakers / hiking boots, NO flip flops).
3. The weather can change rapidly in the headlands and a sunny day can turn cold and foggy very quickly. Dress in layers, avoid cotton, and bring extra clothes.
4. Plan on brining a picnic lunch and plenty of water.
5. Children are absolutely welcome but be sure they are up for a full 3 hour adventure.
6. E-mail any questions or concerns, we'd prefer to address anything prior to getting on the trail.
Here is a website and directions to the Visitors Center where we will be meeting at 9:00 AM on Sunday November 19th.
An e-mail with the cell phone numbers of the trip leaders along with a weather contingency plan will be sent to all the RSVPs prior to the hike. Looking forward to seeing all the fellow Hoyas in the great outdoors!
Please RSVP at http://www.eventbrite.com/