Please consider joining one of our committees or submitting event ideas by completing the form here.
NorCal Hoyas Committees
- Social Events: Coordinates events such as our annual Hoya New Year Extravaganza, Welcome to the Neighborhood, happy hours, picnics, outings to wineries, and more.
- Academic Events: Coordinates Georgetown faculty lectures and other intellectually-oriented events.
- Athletic Events & Sports Teams: Coordinates Hoyas basketball gamewatches, outings to Giants and A's games, hikes, team sports (e.g. bowling, basketball), and group outings (e.g. cycling, running).
- Community Service: Organizes and leads volunteer groups to local nonprofits including Alemany Farm, the SF-Marin Food Bank, Project Night Night, Habitat for Humanity and more.
- Networking: Organizes career-related activities, including professional networking events, industry-focused happy hours, and the Winter Break Career Tour for current undergraduate students.
- Mission & Ministry: Coordinates spirituality events, such as Women & Wine, mass with Fr. O'Brien, and interfaith dialogue with Imam Hendi.
- East Bay: Plans social and other events for our large and growing alumni population in the East Bay.
- Peninsula/South Bay: Plans social and other events for our large alumni population in the East Bay.
- Membership & Outreach: Works to expand membership in the Club and make connections with other Bay Area groups.
- Communications & Technology: Responsible for the Club's communications, marketing and branding, including email updates to members, web presence, social media, and leverage of new outreach tools.